Different types of Animation
To decide what form of animation I think would work well for my work I first need to do some research into what types of animation there are. Now i've looked at a couple of examples it's time to do some more in-depth research.
The following links are to one website that I have found really useful in explaining different types of animation to me (someone who has no animation experience at all)
http://www.the-flying-animator.com/types-of-animation.html
http://www.the-flying-animator.com/animation-techniques.html
http://www.the-flying-animator.com/cut-out-animation.html
After looking more into the different types of animation I have decided that I would like to use the technique of ‘Stop Frame’ to create an outcome for this unit. Luckily for me there happens to be a stop frame animation session within this unit to teach me how to do this properly and in more depth.
I am going to start with the scene of the boy and his dog walking through the woods and then build on it from there. Hopefully by planning my time well I will be able to create more than one scene from my narrative, however i’m not sure I will be able to create the whole thing. If I enjoy this process and think it helps to push my work forward it is something I could look at finishing off over the summer.
I have known from the start that I wanted to use a mix of materials and techniques I had come across in previous units. In the Narrative unit one of my strengths was my character design, I feel as though I could use this to create the characters of the boy and his dog and then begin to build on this with moving images. An aspect I would like to use from the interpretation of text unit was my use of cut outs and silhouettes, I think that the trees in the forest for example would work well as cutout silhouettes enabling me to move my characters then either in the background or foreground with ease.
The next step for me now is to work out my character designs and create storyboards of how my characters will move through each scene. If this technique is successful for the first scene I have chosen to work with I will use it again to try and create other scenes from the narrative.
Since I decided that I wanted to keep my narrative simple and have it wordless I think that having music playing to accompany the moving image would be a good idea. To decide on what music I will look at how other people have used sound within their screen based illustrations to provoke emotion and decide on this at a later point throughout my process.
No comments:
Post a Comment