I had my critique this morning, and I was dreading it but it actually went really well, and I found all my feedback really useful and informative. Overall I think I was able to put across all the effort I have put into this unit so far and it was wonderful to get positive feedback and recognition for this. I think I showed well that from the beginning of my project, with the first learning agreement, that I have gone back and done in depth research into creating my narrative, characters and animation.
Important points that I took away from this critique were the suggestions from my tutors and peers on how to improve my work.
The first point that was brought to my attention was my focus on view point. I have all of my viewpoints coming from one side, to improve my work I need to look at different viewpoints and story space. I will achieve this by considering viewpoint in a new set of storyboards and then creating them. I think this will improve my work as a final outcome.
Another point to take into consideration (which I knew would come up as I was already aware of it) was my use of sound. So far my work doesn't have any sound, I've justified this by explaining that I would like a longer animation to create my sound for to make sure it all works well as a whole rather than doing it in stages. Sharon suggested that I create my own sounds when I reach a point where I am adding sound e.g. creating sounds for wind through the trees and this is something I can do at uni.
The final point the I need to think about which was brought to my attention was clarity. For children clarity is a big thing especially since I am including reveals within my work. It was suggested for example in the scene where the boy sees eyes watching him from the trees that I do this from to points, one with the little boy and one focusing on the eyes before I reveal the owl. This will put emphasis on the scary eyes building tension before the reveal and add more clarity to the reveal because of this.
Overall I was pleased with how my critique went and although I know there is still a lot of work to do I feel confident that I am on the right track and have shown well that I have learnt a lot personally throughout this unit.
No comments:
Post a Comment