Thursday, 25 April 2013

Reflection

So far I am happy with how my work is going. The set designs that I edited in photoshop worked better than I expected and I received positive feedback about how the final set outcomes looked from my peers. 

I've tired to immerse myself fully in the research side of this unit to learn all I can, since as I said previously this is something I have never tried my hand at before, and I feel as though I have learned quite a few new techniques and skills throughout this process. 

Although I haven't recorded it fully on my blog I am always keeping in mind that sound is an important aspect of any animation. I have been researching ways in which others use sound to aid their animations and screen based work and have been thinking about what sounds would work best with my own work. More of my own ideas and thoughts on sound for my animation will be added here soon but I think it's important to know how long my animation will be so I can add sound to match that accordingly. 

Finally the animation process itself has been a real learning experience for me. I've enjoyed using stop motion animation and am pleased with what I have achieved so far. However I am concerned the amount of time it has taken me to produce only a few seconds of animation and I am concerned about getting everything done in the remaining time for this unit. As I said at the beginning of this unit it is more important to me personally to achieve something I am happy with rather than a long animation which in my mind isn't as good quality. I am hoping that the time consuming part of making my animations was taken up with the time of research and creating my sets and now that I have those basics down I will be able to achieve more in a shorter amount of time. 

But I will know more after my critique tomorrow morning. Hopefully it all goes well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment