Monday, 8 April 2013

Character Design

I've started with my character design by looking at the character of the little boy. Using techniques I view in the videos I attached to an earlier post I have started to create my basic design for the little boy.

The fist four images are quick drawings from my sketchbook, just for me to work out on paper what it is that I want from my character. How I imagine him to look in my head while creating a narrative.







These next images are me working out proportions of his body and what I think his clothes should look like. e.g. since my story is set at night time I decided that he should be wearing PJ's.








 I like to work all this sort of stuff out before I change my characters by adding colour or working out different positions and gestures. Although sometimes my character development doesn't look very extensive I usually have a rough idea in my head of what I want a character to look like while I create my narrative. Putting pen (or pencil) to paper for me is just a way to translate what i'm imagining in my head into something for an audience. For example for the little boy I knew I wanted messy hair and crumpled clothes as while I was writing the narrative i knew that he would first be introduced to the audience at night time in bed.










No comments:

Post a Comment