Monday, 8 April 2013

Learning Agreement Discussion

After having a talk this morning about my learning agreement with my tutors some issues have been brought to my attention that I need to amend so that my project will work.

The first and main issue is my narrative. Children's narratives work best it they are building to something. The narrative I had created before was purely for entertainment and had no substance behind it that a moral or theme would bring. In the last unit I successfully used and identified narrative theories to help me create a successful children's narrative. I need to go back over my narrative for this unit and do the same thing. 

I was also told to think more about the setting for my narrative (In the woods at night) and how I could use this to enhance my work. For example using shadows and the nighttime to provoke emotions in my audience. e.g. Thinking about how things look scarier at night and how sounds can sound like different things (branches tapping on window can look like hands and someone trying to get in.)

I was also given the advice of not to panic myself with the fact that my outcome is required to be screen based (which is definitely something I have been doing) and to remember that the animation is just a different type of format I can use to put my work across. 

I also need to work out if my outcome is a Convergence or Divergence. Definitions for the two were in the unit handbook to help me work this out -


Converge. v.i. - to tend towards or meet in one point or value: the opposite of diverge.
Conver'gence - the act or point of converging.


Diverge. v.i. - to tend from a common point in different directions: to turn apart.
Diverg'ence - proceeding from different directions from each other or from a common point.

Finally I was told I should decide on a Bibliography of what I will look at in order to influence my learning agreement and throughout this unit.

I have another meeting next wednesday giving me a week to work out all the issues and hopefully reach a successful learning agreement to aid me through the duration of this project.



No comments:

Post a Comment