Monday, 29 April 2013

Viewpoint/Perspective

One of the critiques I've taken on board after talking to my tutors this morning is that I need to consider viewpoint and perspective within my work. over the weekend I have tried  to do this through new storyboards for my animation. And before I started doing this within my own work I thought it would be beneficial to research into it more. 

I found some useful links online that helped me into learning how to draw the body for a birds eye view. Initially I wanted to do this through primary research like life drawing but unfortunately for me with only 3 weeks left of this unit time didn't allow it so looking it up online seemed like the nest best option...



I then started thinking about my audience and using perspective to fit them. I found an article which stated that younger children are insensitive to viewpoint and decided to look more into this.
I thought the best way to do this would be to look at other animations aimed at children and see if and how they use viewpoint.




In all these video examples from disney films I noticed that the use of perspective isn't over the top. Much of the views are side on similarly to how i've been working on my animation. However there are occasions throughout each of these clips where they use perspective and I think it makes the whole thing much stronger. Now when looking at creating new story boards for my animation I think I will narrow it down by only selecting a few scenes to use viewpoint where i think it would be useful in making the scene stronger. 




No comments:

Post a Comment