This afternoon I have been trying to sort out creating a scene with perspective and viewpoint in it. I was struggling for a while trying to combine my images and set with the textures. Since we are looking down from above on to the character (although still at a slight angle keeping it simple for a younger audience) I know the texture behind him should probably be one of the floor, so I tried out a few variations but something didn't fit quite right to me.
It was at this point that I started adding darkness into the work. Since it would all be in shadows beside the little bit of light provided by the moon I thought making my work darker would solve this nagging feeling I was having that somethig didn't look right. And I was pleased with the outcome.
I really liked this outcome where the background was so dark it was almost black but you could still see a tiny bit of the texture through. I'm not sure which outcome I think would work best but when I start adding them to my animation I think it will clear it up for me.





No comments:
Post a Comment