Friday, 12 April 2013

Influence

With the new idea in my narrative of 'things not always being what they appear' and playing on the setting of a woods at night I decided to look at and get influence from how this idea has been used in other animations. I'm also going to look at more videos to try and help me with idea generation before I start the crucial stages of drawing out my movements and story boards.

http://www.itsnicethat.com/articles/natalie-bettelheim-howl - Natalie Bettelheim: Howl


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF-TtOC_3Ho - Silhouette Stop motion film
by 2nd Year Animation Student
I like the way the forrest looks throughout this animation and I think the use of shadows adds more depth to the image.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR939M48BG4&feature=endscreen - The Tale of Three Brothers
This is simply an example of how silhouettes can be used for a short film. I quite like the voice narrating the tale over the top, this is something I hadn't considered doing for my video before but might look at using now.



This last video is a clip from the classic 'Snow White' I think it is a good example of things in a forest appearing scary to a young audience. However when I reveal what the scary things actually are (e.g. glowing eyes = Owl) I am going to make the reveal quite cute to completely remove fear from a young audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment