Creating my narrative
For this unit I have decided to create my own narrative, similar to the last unit. However the narrative for this unit is for a different purpose as it will be screen based and my final outcome may end up only being a scene from the whole things. I have decided to make my narrative wordless and just focus on the screen based images as I am out of my comfort zone here.
I want to keep this narrative as simple as possible, for example by only having two characters, since the biggest challenge for me within this unit is the creative process. I feel it would make it easier for me if I constructed my narrative like a play as it is meant to be viewed by an audience rather than like a book which is meant to be read. Constructing my narrative in scenes like this will make it easier to break down and plan visually.
scene 1-
It’s night time. There is a full moon in the sky.
A little boy is in his room sitting on his bed reading a magazine.
His pet dog is sitting on the floor beside his bed.
close up of the boy reading his magazine.
Image of the page the boy is looking at (with hands holding the magazine) The image is of a wolf howling at a full moon.
Boy looks up from magazine and at his dog.
Scene 2 -
Boy walking down the stairs and out the door with dog following him.
Scene 3 -
Boy walking through the woods with dog following him.
Scene 4 -
They come out of trees and come to a stop.
Boy looks at dog and points at moon.
Dog looks confused and doesn’t howl at moon.
Scene 5 -
This time boy looking sad he returns through the woods.
The dog is farther behind him.
Scene 6 -
Boy returns home sad.
walks back up the stairs. But with no dog following this time.
Scene 7 -
Back in his room looks at magazine page and sighs.
Suddenly he hears a howl and crosses to window
Scene 8 -
View out the window boy looks down and sees his dog howling like a wolf at the moon.
Scene 9 -
close up of boys face smiling.
This is a very simple narrative but I think it is important I keep it simple within this unit as I am going to find it really difficult to create a screen based outcome with no previous experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment